Friday, April 18, 2008

News from da yoo-pee

Was in Upper Michigan for a long weekend. Highs in the mid 30s, lows in the mid 20s. Received nearly 12" of snow while up there. There's still close to 3 feet of the white stuff in the woods. That measurement was taken by a person in our party who stepped off the hard-pack logging road to relieve himself. Snow was too deep to unzip, he re-thought his plan.

Wheelin' is much different in teh snow than the mud and rocks. Slippery, cold, heavy, hard to judge. Found some in our party getting so much snowpack under the vehicle that their wheels would just spin. Very glad I made the choice to perform some labor and ride higher. And, as an added bonus, the Toy even rides better now.

There was plenty of stupid talk. Food was great as always. We're thinking about pushing the trip back a month next year - my 40th maybe? Eleven in an almost 20'x30' cabin can get pretty tight, and noisy, and smelly, and... well, you get the picture. Later in the year leaves plenty of space to pitch a few tents. Bears and wolves beware.

I swear Sam changed during the four days I was gone. Little dude is growing so fast. I'm still amazed when I watch him figure out things. Simple things, like how his hands work, how to switch things from one hand to another, how to balance while sitting, how to work a cup. But, mostly, I just smile when I'm near him. His feelings and actions are so pure, so innocent. A smile is a true smile. A laugh is a true laugh. He hides nothing and has no other motives. He's still not turning over or crawling. I look forward to his mobility as a next step for him, but, I know that means a whole new slew of issues for Julie and me. One day at a time, enjoy every moment. Live - Laugh - Love.

2 comments:

CTB said...

Sam the man....you r right S. Troy -nothing is as genuine and pure. A glass of Louis XIII comes close, but no cigar.

benbarts said...

That's it.
I'm stopping by on my next recovery day to see the little dude, and see when you're a$$ is back on the bike.