Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stacked Up

Got out to the Beech late tonight and by the time I helped Jay put on his new rear brake, I was thinking about not hitting the trail. Joe talked me into it. So I put on the masher, mounted the light and started the pedal strokes. About 1/3 of the way through I had to turn on the HID in the singletrack. As the natural light disappeared, I was feeling better and better and was probably having my best lap of the year out there. Then, out of no where my bike came to a dead stop. I went forward so quickly that all I remember was the "ooommmphh" sound that I made as I came to a dead stop on the ground. If Jay had a seismograph at his house, I'm pretty sure it would have registered the impact. I've been through that spot well over a hundred times and have never had an issue. Never saw the rock that got me. I may have laid there a minute, it may have been five minutes. I started moving when I realized that the mosquitoes were actually bothering me. My limbs were functioning. It took a bit to untangle myself from the niner that lay on top of me. Dirty and bruised, I got up and finished my lap. Couldn't put my forearm on the armrest on the way home because it feels and looks like I'm hiding the top 1/4 of a baseball just below my elbow. I'm sure it will turn pretty colors. Can't wait until next week.

2 comments:

CTB said...

Stacked up, but jacked up on adrenaline! Nice work Steven. Glad you r all right. Be nice to my Niner because Imma buy it from you when you are done.

Josh B said...

so your arm will match the fall colors.