Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Was gone on

hi-8-us from my blog for awhile. Did a lot thinking. Looking back. Re-thinking. Not sure if anything has come of it, but I'm still here. And, since it's Tuesday, I'll be at Beechwood tonight. Taking the gears tonight. Don't feel I have SS drive in me. Maybe I'll turn it into a good night. Have just had bad luck with the XXIX. Nothing bad (except for kinking the left fork blade the 2nd ride out), just little irritating things. Rubbing brakes, seatpost that won't stay at height, loose crankset, loose chain, flat. Nothing bad, just tired of the adjusting on it. Besides, have only been on the dos Niner once since the purchase. It's time to ride it again.

Grandma passed a few weeks ago. I thought I'd have something profound to type about the meaning of life, but I don't. She was a good woman who lived life. She went out on her terms. Little or no pain, just drifted off. Not the what could have been the agonizing cancer death that we thought may happen. At 92, she deserved the peace that came over her.

Can't believe that Sam is just over a month away from being a year old. Where did the time go? I don't know. I do know where it didn't go, but that's a much further and deeper story. I've had to make so many changes that I never thought about before. Don't want to sound bad, because I have no regret about it. But, until you live it, you have no idea what it's like. It's so cliche to say it changes the world as you know it, but that's the only way to put it. Right now, I just keep on keeping on as Sam grows and make adjustments that keep all parties involved happy.

No comments: