Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Hate Ebay

Okay, maybe hate is a strong word, but all that stupid site does is get my hopes up and frustrates me 99% of the time. One of you out there knows what I've been looking for. To another one of you out there, I guess that I, too, am a follower. I'm trying to classify this as a need, but I truly know better. Back to Ebay. I watch, I watch, I watch. 6 days left, 5 days left, 4 days left, 1 hour left. Steady price, steady price, steady price, steady price. Hey, I may be able to afford this one. Last 36 seconds, price nearly doubles and most of that increase in in the last 15 seconds. Dang nab it. Guess I won't be getting that item as my top end just got blown out of the water. Yeah, yeah, I know the process. I know that everyone waits to try to sneak in their bids. Hedging their bets if you will. I know that I tend to do the same thing. Why do I get my hopes up? One easy answer: a nearly new, unscratched Salsa dos Niner frame for $300. A savings of $600. That carrot is always dangling in front of me. I shouldn't get so worked up, yet I do. Maybe it's a disease. Maybe it's stupidity. Maybe it's the rush I get when I'm able to tell C Todd how inexpensively I've been able to build a new steed that I plan on selling to him to turn a profit. Maybe I should give this all up and keep my stress and tension levels down.

Gotta fly, there's an auction ending soon.

6 comments:

Josh B said...

Dont you have a DOS?

Big Steve said...

Yup, I do. And a steel SS 29er, and a classic-design road bike, and a sweet commuter. But, I still have this empty feeling and I've been eyeballing something to fill that void.

Josh B said...

I know where you can get a great deal on a Hi-Fi 29er.

CTB said...

....and sell it for a profit to C. Todd. LOVE that. The cool 'ting is that its always a win/win. You do the shopping and assembly for me!

CTB said...

I'm going to enyjoy my new Van Dessel....

Big Steve said...

Dang you built that up quick. Send the pics to me so I can see it and drool.