Friday, April 17, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Julie's grandmother passed. She did a lot in 95 years and I only hope to have the same outlook that she always had. Beth's eulogy was outstanding. I don't know how she was able to get through some parts of it. Line of the weekend came from my six-year-old nephew Keanen. "Mom, when you were up there reading about Great-grandma and pretended to cry, I pretended to cry, too." Maybe someday he'll actually be able to tell when his mom is truly upset or angry or happy.

And, yes, now you know the real reason I found time to get my hair cut. I figured that if I was going to be in front of church reading and one-sixth of those carrying the casket I should clean up a little. It's all good though. I was getting very close to having to make a very difficult decision: Squirrel Pelt or Kentucky Waterfall?

My parents stayed for a few days over Easter. Sam even got to play hooky on Monday and spend the day getting spoiled. I think he was pretty okay with it.

Ordered a few necessary parts for the Toy that I can hopefully get installed before the annual trip to Iron River at the end of this month. Tried to give our local Toyota dealer some business. But, at the end of the day, the parts counter needs a deeper talent pool.

Sam and I will be putting on some miles this weekend. Crackin' the 70 degree barrier tomorrow. I hope all y'all can enjoy the weather.

1 comment:

CTB said...

At the end of the day.....