Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just got back

from a nice near two-hour ride with a neighbor. I think I've found a good riding partner. He makes me push up the hills but not to the point that I blow up to quickly. This is something I really need. My bro-in-law is still coming up to speed on the bike. Hopefully he'll be able to join us on some of these morning rides. He and I are slated to ride after work on Wednesdays. That will make a ride with Neighbor Mark on Saturday or Sunday, Beechwood on Tuesday and Chris on Wednesday. Throw in a solo or two and I should be able to make that jump up.

Today's ride was a bit tougher than I thought it was going to be, but most of that was due to the wind. They're blowing at 15-30mph and we had a 7-mile stretch that was open and right into the wind. Add a couple of hills during that and you have a clyde's least favorite combination: uphill into the wind. Had to get out of the saddle a few times, but I think that helped the legs. Plus knowing that we'd be making the turn soon to have help from the wind made the process more bearable. We had some nice rollers that the crosswind didn't seem to matter much. Then at about mile 18, we made a left and were treated to a couple of 40+ mph downhills. A few more turns and we were heading back into town. Held a nice pace with the wind at our backs and got ready for the little uphill sprint that ends behind our house. Felt stronger than I thought I would and got Mark to the stop sign. He told me he's not going to let that happen again.

Time to get ready for another ride. Family to the park and coffee shop after Sam's nap.

Sunny in the 70s, park, coffee shop, two rides and family time. Happy Sunday all y'all.

No comments: