Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day Back

Well, today was my first day back at work in nearly two weeks. I spent time with Sam when Julie first went back to work. Really needed the break. I had taken care of some work and went in a couple of times my first week off to finish year-end reviews for my staff. But then I did something that I haven't done since joining the cable giant nearly four years ago... I actually took a full week off of work. That may not sound like much. But it was. And by full week I mean: no answering the work cell phone, no work email, no thinking about work, no calling work, no going into work to check on things. Was a great, relaxing week. I certainly need more of those. Made for much better time with Sam as well. I did come into work this morning with nearly 450 unread emails. I'll get through them... eventually. Fires couldn't have been that big, my home phone didn't ring. One thing that I'm looking forward to is being able to leave on time at least three days a week. Have to pick up the little man from daycare. I need to learn to just walk out more often. The work will wait and I'll have a better opinion of it in the morning.

Will be on the trainer this evening. Julie will be on her eliptical next to me. It's time. We've decided to lean on each other and make this work for us. Plus it gives us more time to catch up on the day's activities now that we're both back to work.

Still sitting back and watching the candidates. None of them are perfect, but not one of us is. We can't expect that. None of them are really tugging at me yet. Will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

CTB said...

You hit that nail hard....you just have to leave work, as Sam I am needs you.

No perfect candidates? Yer right about that one. But - Johnny Maverick wants your independent vote.